All Amandus Adamson 's Paintings
The Painting Names Are Sorted From A to Z


Choice ID Image  Painting (From A to Z)       Details 
73487 Bay of Naples  Bay of Naples   1896(1896) Oil on canvas 39.7 X 52 cm (15.63 X 20.47 in) cjr
75159 Bay of Naples  Bay of Naples   English: Bay of Naples Italiano: Golfo di Napoli Date 1896(1896) Medium Oil on canvas Dimensions 39.7 X 52 cm (15.63 X 20.47 in) cyf
75536 Bay of Naples  Bay of Naples   Date 1896(1896) Medium Oil on canvas Dimensions 39.7 X 52 cm (15.6 X 20.5 in) cyf
75511 Evening in Suur  Evening in Suur   Date 1890s - 1900s Medium Oil on canvas Dimensions 23.2 X 33.5 cm (9.1 X 13.2 in) cyf
74018 Evening in Suur-Pakri  Evening in Suur-Pakri   1890s ?C 1900s Oil on canvas 23.2 X 33.5 cm (9.13 X 13.19 in) cjr
74019 Evening near Paldiski  Evening near Paldiski   2nd half of 1890s ?C 1910s Oil on canvas 32.5 X 45.3 cm (12.8 X 17.83 in) cjr
75512 Evening near Paldiski  Evening near Paldiski   Date 2nd half of 1890s - 1910s Medium Oil on canvas Dimensions 32.5 X 45.3 cm (12.8 X 17.83 in) cyf
71159 Pakri motiiv  Pakri motiiv   1898(1898) Oil on canvas mounted on cardboard 23.7 x 35.4 cm (9.33 x 13.94 in)
72268 Pakri motiiv  Pakri motiiv   Date 1898(1898) Medium Oil on canvas mounted on cardboard Dimensions 23.7 X 35.4 cm (9.33 X 13.94 in) cyf
86165 Portrait of Carol Davilla  Portrait of Carol Davilla   oil on canvas, 64x62 cm cyf
85757 Vlad the Impaler and the Turkish Envoys  Vlad the Impaler and the Turkish Envoys   Medium Oil on canvas cyf

Amandus Adamson
(12 November 1855, Uuga-Rätsepa, near Paldiski -26 June 1929, Paldiski) was an Estonian sculptor and painter. Born into a seafaring family, Adamson excelled in wood carving as a child. He moved to St. Petersburg in 1875 to study at the Imperial Academy of Arts under Alexander Bock. After graduation he continued to work as a sculptor and teacher in St. Petersburg, with an interruption from 1887 through 1891 to study in Paris and Italy, influenced by the French sculptors Jules Dalou and Jean-Baptiste Carpeaux. Adamson produced his best-known work in 1902. His Russalka Memorial, dedicated to the 177 lost sailors of the Ironclad warship Russalka, features a bronze angel on a slender column. The other work is architectural. His four allegorical bronzes for the Eliseyev department store in St. Petersburg (for architect Gavriil Baranovsky), and the French-style caryatids and finial figures for the Singer House (for architect Pavel Suzor) are major components of the "Russian Art Nouveau" visible along Nevsky Prospekt.